9 Reasons You Should Invest Time in Word Sear
Learning with fun is the best excel and build a strong ...
Online learning offers you the opportunity of learning from the comfort of your home. This comfort often leads to a lack of discipline which can have a huge impact on your studies.
There are some specific do’s and don’ts related to online learning which you must adhere to for reaping the maximum benefits. These rules not only help you in self-disciplining your learning process but even play a crucial part in deciding your future success. The better you learn, the more you prepare, and the best you score.
So, let’s have a look at this list of online learning do’s and don’ts. First, we’ll begin with the do’s.
1. Always Be Punctual: Like you never wish to be late for your offline class, the online class too needs the same level of punctuality and regularity. Login to your learning portal on time and be prepared for the scheduled class in advance. Try to never miss a class until and unless it’s unavoidable or a serious emergency.
2. Get Familiar with the Portal: Prior to your online class, you should make it a point to get yourself familiar with the portal. Know what all tools or functions on the portal are necessary for you during the class and learn how to operate them. This will allow you to study without any hindrance.
3. Set Up a Proper Space: No matter what space you choose to study, make sure it’s quiet, well-lit, and ventilated. The lesser distractions you have, the more you will be able to focus on your class. Keep the study space clutter-free and tidy as it exudes positive vibes which is important for keeping the mind also fresh.
4. Focus on Your Posture: When attending your online class, sit straight with your spine erect as it keeps your mind and body in alert mode. Sitting posture determines your concentration level and with the right posture, you can focus better.
5. Always Take Notes: Whether it is a LIVE class or recorded, make sure that you always have your notepad and pen handy for taking down the notes. This helps you in understanding the concepts better while you revise the topics after class.
Now let’s move on to the DON’TS
1. Don’t be a passive learner: In recorded lectures, there is nothing that you can do as far as interaction is considered. But in a LIVE class, you can always show your presence by being part of the discussions, chats, and other activities as conducted by your teacher. Ask your doubts and queries which will help you have a better understanding of the concepts.
2. Don’t pause the videos: Once you start watching a recorded lecture or attend a LIVE class, never pause it in between or for that matter, leave the class midway as it will make you lose focus and lag.
3. Don’t Ignore Tech Aspects: Online learning requires stable internet connectivity and a smoothly working device (laptop/smartphone/computer). No matter what device you are using, you must make it a point to check the technical aspects and ensure that everything is working fine.
4. Don’t postpone things: It might happen that some days you won’t feel like attending a class or listen to the lecture; you might even not find the topic interesting. But this doesn’t mean you will quit the class or postpone it for the next day. A better approach would be to take a short break and then resume with a fresh mind. Procrastinating can only build up a pile and cause a major setback in your studies.
5. Don’t get dispirited: With a positive attitude, you will be able to have a productive learning experience. Never get discouraged over petty issues like device problem, internet connectivity, or anything that causes a minor hindrance. Look for possible solutions and seek help. Take short breaks after your class to relax your mind. And if there is anything that bothers you, speak to your mentors or teachers. Never let your learning spirit go down.
Online learning can prove to be a fast-paced and dynamic way to fast-track your learning and you can make it all the more effective by taking care of these important things. Happy Learning!